Highly accurate electric meters can deliver powerful information that can guide valuable business decisions. Meters can show where to focus energy conservation efforts. Meters also help identify when equipment needs to be serviced and monitoring energy use in real time can help reduce peak kW Demand.
An innovative metering solution can be configured to oversee an entire manufacturing process, assembly line or a warehouse, or it can monitor a specific piece of critical equipment. Legacy works in partnership with meter manufacturers as an authorized OEM to design and install advanced and cost-effective smart-metering systems. Various meter models and configurations are available depending on the number of loads we want to monitor.
As an example, one model can support up to 45 Current Transformers (CTs) and can be programmed for single-phase or poly-phase applications. These meters measure everything from amperage, voltage, watts, power factor, kW demand, Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), kWh, kVh and kVArh.
An optional 80-character display can show data at a glance. A number of meters can be configured to upload all the combined data to a cloud server using a preferred communications protocol such as MODBUS or BACnet.
These meters can also be configured to record data from other types of meters or sensors such as water or gas meters. That makes it possible to view all the energy and utility information on one platform and on one dashboard.
The Energy Information Management System (EIMS) compiles all the data in real time so that powerful decision-making information can be viewed on any device, including mobile devices. It's also possible to program pre-set alarms for fault or other critical conditions that require monitoring or action. Facility managers or maintenance staff can be alerted via email or text message for immediate response.
Features and benefits
- Make informed business decisions – Use accurate data to allocate energy costs, recover revenue, set budgets, and deliver in-depth reports to management.
- Spot wasted energy – Identify specific systems that are consuming more power than others.
- Track system performance – Accurately measure voltage, current, power factor, frequency, power quality and Total Harmonic Distortion – online and in real time. And deliver the data using your communications protocol of choice.
- Support global enterprises – Intellimeter’s meters have been installed across North America, support projects from Pakistan to Dubai, and are ready to serve your enterprises around the world.
- Customize your solutions – Turn to Intellimeter’s engineers for an innovative metering solution, customized to meet your specific goals.
- Choose your billing system – Intellimeter’s open platform will support the software of your choice. You are not locked into a proprietary system.
- Install with ease – Every meter is shipped with complete engineering drawings, connection diagrams and installation instructions. Our Current Transformers also have built-in safety features to protect installers.
- Reduce maintenance costs – Every meter is based on an electronic design, so there are no moving parts to wear out.
- Enjoy a quick ROI – Recover your investment in less than 12 months.